Last night, Brendan and Sunetra wowed us with a beautiful, glamorous and gorgeous American Smooth which looked like it was straight out of a Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movie.
In honour of the legend that is Brendan Cole, today we’re watching his beautiful American Smooth with Sophie Ellis Bextor from last year’s Semi-Final.
We loved this dance for several reasons:
1) Sophie’s dress was exquisite! We take our hats off to Vicky Gill and the fabulous Strictly Costume department. It oozed glamour and had so much detail.
2) Brendan’s choreography was soft, elegant and glamorous. The lifts were effective but understated and matched Sophie’s character perfectly.
3) Brendan’s slide down the rail. We loved this little touch, although don’t recommend trying it at home!
4) The dancing was beautiful. It was a dance we could watch over and over and over (and over.)
5) The music is one of our favourite ever songs and once again the Strictly band and singers did a fabulous job!
It’s clear to say we loved it and hope you will love watching it too. Here are Sophie and Brendan with their effortless, elegant and exquisite American Smooth:
We hope you enjoyed watching that dance and would love to hear what you thought. Tweet us @scd_support or comment below. We look forward to hearing from you.