Earlier this evening we sat down, girded our loins and prepared ourselves to watch the wonderful programme that is the People’s Strictly. Following last week’s show, we ensured we had enough glittery tissues for ourselves and you lovely people along with Strictly Snacks to share out.
On tonight’s show we saw the inspirational Anna Kennedy, Trishna Bharadia and Phil Barnett get the surprise of their lives as they found out they were on The People’s Strictly and take their first steps in the Ballroom.
Once again, we found the stories truly touching and became emotional blubbering messes only 5 minutes into the show. We think our mascara may have run, just a little bit:
The show didn’t disappoint and showed us how truly amazing and selfless the 6 contestants of the People’s Strictly are. They are all well-deserving of their place on the show and in our eyes are all winners.
So, what did we learn tonight?
1. We learnt that the Strictly ballroom is the place where dreams come true and to never to be too trusting of any friends or family who invite you to go to watch the Strictly live show show. As Anna Kennedy found out the Strictly Ballroom truly is a place where dreams can come true and where you can have the shock and surprise of your life.
2. Never trust Brian the Zumba instructor. When you’re invited to a Zumba DVD recording, always be suspicious, especially if you’re surrounded by dancing couples. Be even more suspicious if some of our professional dancers appear. Poor Trishna looked like she needed a hug dancing all alone in the zumba studio, but to make up for it, she was lucky enough to get to have a boogie with Louis Smith 😍
3. Singing children are adorable and will move you to tears (need more mascara 🐼.) ABBA’s Thank You for the Music also works surprisingly well as a Samba Track.
4. You should embrace and run towards the sequins and anyone associated with the world of Strictly. This is exactly what Phil Barnett did and he looked fab-u-lous running towards Lisa Riley and Kevin Clifton.
5. To quote Anna, we also learnt that Robin Windsor looks even better in the flesh than he does on TV! We also saw that Anna is a natural performer and picked up dancing the Charleston in seconds. Wow!
6. We learnt that housework can be fab-u-lous! We will now mop our floors in style, just like Aljaz Skoranjec did. We may need the “banana band” to help. We saw that Trishna and Aljaz take their first Jive steps. Their energy looks great and together they look an amazing and very strong couple.
7. Phil also showed just what a joy it is to dance and to be on Strictly. His joy at learning he was paired with Janette was priceless and their American Smooth looks set to be super suave, smiley and sophisticated. In fact, all our couples showed enthusiasm, passion and sheer sparkly joy.
8. When dancing wear shoes that make you look fab-u-lous. Don’t worry if you fall out of them, as you will look gaw-jus dahling!
9. Swing Patrol looks fun, as did Trishna’s 50s style evening. *nudges husband to take her out* It gave both Anna and Trishna a taste of what Strictly is like and has encouraged us to take a trip back to the 1950s and try Rock and Roll and Swing dancing.
On a more serious note, we saw another wonderful and inspiring programme. It has made us realise that all 6 contestants are truly deserving of their place on the show and are all winners in our eyes. They are true everyday heroes who deserve to be treated to a little bit of sparkle. We know they will all be fab-u-lous and cannot wait to see their performances.
We’d love to hear what you thought of tonight’s show. Tweet @scd_support or comment below. We look forward to hearing from you.
We’ll be back tomorrow night from 9pm as our super six get more treats and surprises from the world of Strictly. Follow us @scd_support on twitter to join in our chat.