This morning, our twitter feed turned slightly manic (just like the footwork in a quickstep) when we had the first bit of Strictly 2015 news we had been waiting for! Yes! It’s that time of the year again, time for our Professional Dancers to be announced.
Here are the boys:
Anton Du Beke
and here are the girls:
We are very pleased to see that most of our favourites will be returning for 2015, however will miss Iveta, Robin and Trent and wish them all the best in whatever they do in the future.
With the help of the wonderful people at BBC Strictly, we’ve learnt a little about the three new professional dancers already.
- She is from South Africa and currently competing on the German version of Strictly.
- She has a degree in CIvil Engineering
- She has been named World European Latin Semi-Finalist, South African Latin American Champion (8 times) and World Cup Championship semi-finalist. *imagines lots of trophies and glitterballs*.
Giovanni Pernice 😍
- He’s from Sicily and moved to Bologna when he was 14.
- He won the Italian Championships in 2012
- He loves the Jive (look out Kevin Clifton (AKA The Jive King!))
Gleb Savchenko 😍
- He is from Russia and has competed on both the Russian version of Strictly and on Dancing with the Stars in the US.
- He is
hota model and has danced with J-Lo
- He is a Latin American Specialist.
Having read about the line-up we asked you what you thought of it all. It’d seem you all seem extremely excited, but will miss the pros who are no longer going to be there. All that we can say is we cannot wait to see Strictly 2015. It looks like it’s going to be epic and there’ll be lots of eye candy for us ladies *melts thinking of Pasha, Tristan and Gleb 😍!*
We’d love to hear what you think of the news. Let us know by commenting below, or tweeting @scd_support. We look forward to hearing from you.
Have a fab-u-lous afternoon.