On tonight’s It Takes Two Jay and Aliona, Jamelia and Tristan, Katie and Anton had a (Zoe) Ball with Zoe in the Green Room. Ian Waite also joined for his Wednesday Warm-Up.
First up on the sofa were the classy twosome of Katie and Anton. We learnt:
1) She had a lovely time dancing the Cha Cha Cha and was surprised with the judges’ comments.
2) They were disappointed but are taking the judges’ comments as a positive.
3) They’re dancing the Viennese Waltz this week (Yes!) It is the iconic ballroom dance and she’s having a dream dancing with the King of Ballroom (even if she’s feeling queasy!)
4) Anton’s favourite ballroom dance is the Foxtrot. Out of the other dances he feels V.Waltz is the purest of the ballroom dances.
5) Katie’s daughters and their friends gave her a little surprise. She REALLY didn’t have a clue about it.
Ian Waite then appeared for his Wednesday Warm Up. We learnt:
1) He loved Movie Week. It was brilliant and his favourites were Jay and Aliona.
2) He thinks:
Ainsley and Natalie are doing the technique very well in the Waltz.
Anita and Gleb are doing a lot of intricate work in their Samba
Peter and Janette are looking strong and he has a great character but needs to wear his shoes when practising the Tango.
Helen and Aljaz look very relaxed in their salsa. She looks very rhythmical and looks like she’s having fun.
Daniel and Kristina need to work on his hands, timing, direction and smoothness in their Foxtrot!
Carol and Pasha need to create lots of shaping and strong poses in their Pasha Doble! She needs to be strong and confident and keep her hips up!
Georgia and Giovanni‘s routine is crammed with content.
Strictly’s Angels, Jamelia and Tristan then joined Zoe on the sofa. We learnt:
1) She is still giggling after her Salsa. She loved the dance even though she made a massive mistake at the start, which the judges didn’t notice.
2) Tristan got his hand caught in her hair and was trying to free his hand without hurting her during the dance. He’s been feeling terrible about it!
3) Her craughing (laughing and crying!) at the scores was because she was overwhelmed and felt silly about crying.
4) They’re dancing the Charleston this week. Jamelia’s been swotting up on the dance and knows all the moves. She’s aiming for full points!
The final couple to join Zoe were Jay and Aliona:
1) Jay won his first ever trophy (for the first 10 of the series!) It was the first award he won for being good at something.
2) Aliona felt really nervous as the 1st run-through they had on Saturday was terrible. Until they dance she never knows what’s going to happen. She told him to stay focused.
3) He felt amazing and in another place hearing the judges’ comments. He cannot remember a thing about the dance.
4) His mum is coming to every show and she is his lucky charm. If she doesn’t come, he’s bottling up her tears.
5) They’re dancing quickstep this week and he feels clumsy again. He has brief windows of happiness on Sunday then feels confusion from Monday.
That ended tonight’s It Takes Two. We’ll be back tomorrow for another recap.