It’s always hard saying goodbye to couples and as we love every single couple this year, it’s becoming even harder week after week to see another couple go home! Tonight’s elimination was no exception.
From the moment we heard that Kirsty and Brendan were paired together we fell in love with this partnership. They looked brilliant together, got on well as friends and showed great promise.
They have had a rollercoaster of a run on Strictly. Having been in the dance-off three times, dressing up as dogs on live TV and performing a beautiful Viennese Waltz which we will remember forever!
As a dancer, Kirsty did her best with every performance and showed a vast improvement over the 6 weeks she was in the competition. Brendan’s choreography suited her strengths and helped her become a beautiful dancer! We’re sure they’ll remain friends forever!
We all know that Strictly is a lovely place where all the couples get on and it’d seem (unsurprisingly) that Kirsty and Brendan will be missed by all the couples on this year’s show as these tweets earlier showed:
We have to admit that in the run up to Father’s Day us mums and daughters are always running around like headless chickens, so today’s dance is the perfect antidote for those of you needing a calming influence this Sunday.
We’re watching the lovely, elegant American Smooth from Sunetra Sarker and Brendan Cole. This dance was performed during movies week and for us evoked all the hollywood glamour of the 1940’s. It was classy, elegant and just the sort of dance that made us feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It showed Sunetra’s progress and the performance was wonderful. In our opinion it deserved 9s and 10s!
It’s the perfect antidote for anyone in need of some chill-out time, so, if you’re feeling a little on edge, or like a headless chicken, we recommend watching this dance.
Here are Sunetra and Brendan with their fab-u-lous American Smooth. We hope you enjoy watching it to:
We’d love to hear what you thought of that dance. Tweet us @scd_support or comment below to let us know what you thought of it.
For all the dads we wish you a Happy Father’s Day and we hope the rest of you all have a wonderful Sunday Afternoon.
I really enjoyed yesterday, so mummy has let me come back today to continue my 30 Day Challenge! Today is brought to you by the letter B.
B is for Bella,bunnies Bruno, Brian and Brendan!
Mummy asked me to think long and hard about what I wanted B to stand for. When I’m older, I want to be on Strictly, so hopefully B will stand for Bella. I found it really hard to choose but have picked 3 of my favourite things on Strictly.
B is for Bruno!
I’ve chosen Bruno, because he is funny! Daddy says he’s like me when I eat lots of sweeties, and I think he’s right. Maybe Len needs to stop him eating so many sweeties before every Strictly show. My favourite Bruno moment was when he fell off his chair. I hope he didn’t hurt himself. Here it is to remind you again:
B is also for Brian
Before I was ever here (that must be a long time ago) mummy tells me there was a handsome and kind Prince on Strictly called Brian. He was a great dancer, teacher and choreographer. As he was a Prince, I think he may have also liked unicorns. He also danced with a Princess Ali on Strictly and they reached the semi-final in 2009. As it’s a Tuesday, mummy said I need to show you a Tango. I’d prefer to show you a Jive *stomps feet* but this dance looks great. Here are Ali and Brian with a wild Tango:
B is also for Brendan
Like Anton, Brendan has danced for 11 years on Strictly. That’s a long time! I hope he’s not too tired after all that dancing. Mummy says he used to be naughty, but Len told him off and he’s been good ever since. He is a great teacher and dancer. This is my favourite dance of his:
What does B mean on Strictly for you? Comment below or tweet me @scd_support to let me know.
All this blogging is hard word, so I’m off for a nap now. I’ll be back tomorrow for my next blog post.
Earlier this morning, we revealed our final two candidates in our Strictly Support Group General Election! We love the Charleston and today’s two candidates were pure gold! One triumphed for having a cool, laid-back vibe and the other was quirky, cheeky and pure entertainment! They are Sophie and Brendan’s and Chris and Ola’s fab-u-lous Charlestons!
Watching these dances, it’s easy to see why they both deserve their places in the Election:
1) Every election needs a peoples’ champion, and this dance helped Chris and Ola win Strictly 2009. It was cheeky, quirky and captured Chris’s personality perfectly. Both he and Ola looked adorable, in fact more adorable than your favourite politician holding a baby or a puppy or a kitten or something cute!
2) Being a politician is all about remaining cool under pressure and Sophie and Brendan did this perfectly. There
were risky lifts, acrobatics and super fast choreography. All of these were performed perfectly in WEEK 2! The whole routine was brilliant and is deserving of a place in our election for being the leader of the pack. We loved both of them and hope you will too, so here are both dances we showed earlier:
Sophie and Brendan’s Charleston
Chris and Ola’s Charleston.
Now you’ve seen all our dances, here’s a reminder of the candidates (in video form):
You’ve watched and now all that needs to be done is to vote. We are pleased to reveal that voting is now OPEN! *Does a dance like our pros do on Claud 9* You have until 3pm tomorrow to cast your vote for our Strictly Support Group Prime Minister. Just choose your favourite from the poll below. We’ll reveal the result tomorrow evening from 7pm. Get voting people!
Chief Returning Officer of the Strictly Support Group
Yesterday I entered my thirties with a surprise Strictlified party, being showered with presents and spoilt rotten by my family.
For yesterday’s Smooth Sunday, I started off my 30th Year, showing you one of my favourite ever American Smooths from Rachel Riley and Pasha Kovalev.
For today’s Monday Memory, earlier I showed you Victoria and Brendan’s classy quickstep, straight from the Big Apple.
We loved this dance as it was effortless, elegant, sophisticated, classy and gorgeous. In our opinion, it deserved 4 10s (if anything for Brendan’s fall at the end), but it scored a magical score of 30.
As a treat for you this monday, I’ve compiled a Youtube Playlist with some of my favourite Terrific Thirty Moments. Just click this link to see which dances feature:
If you can think of another dance to have scored 30, which you’d like to see featured on our Playlist, let us know and we’ll add it. You can either tweet us @scd_support, or comment below. We look forward to hearing from you.
For today’s Foxtrot Friday, we’re watching a dance that although not perfect it connected with us for the pure emotion of the music, choreography and dancing.
Today, we’re watching Sunetra and Brendan’s fabulous Foxtrot to one of the most beautiful songs ever, John Legend’s All of Me.
We loved the song (it’s so beautiful it made us cry tears of happiness and raid our kleenex tissue collection.) We also loved the choreography and give credit to Brendan for choreographing a wonderful routine. Sunetra danced it really well and her costume lit up the Dancefloor.
We loved this routine and hope you do too. Here are Sunetra and Brendan with their beautiful foxtrot:
Let us know what you thought of that dance. Tweet us @scd_support or comment below. Look forward to hearing from you.
Tonight Team Brenetra were given a one way ticket home, when they were voted out of Strictly 2014.
Over the last 10 weeks, Sunetra’s progress, enthusiasm and joy in every dance have made us smile and we think she’ll have persuaded many ladies to take up dancing. Sunetra has been a true star and has shone in every performance. She has really grown on her journey which has taken her right around the world of dance.
Brendan’s choreography has suited Sunetra to a tee and his teaching has been brilliant.
We will miss seeing this couple on the show and would love this post to become a tribute to them. Just comment below and we’ll make sure they see your messages.
On last night’s It Takes Two, we saw Sunetra and Brendan, the return of “Miss Benidorm/New Zealand” Karen Hardy and Pixie and Trent, who all stepped into Zoe’s lair for a half-hour of glittery fun!
First up were Pixie and Trent. We learnt that:
1) They both loved Blackpool as they could really feel the crowd roar! 🐯
2) Trent’s loving choreographing something new and being able to challenge Pixie.
3) Pixie loved dancing with 3 handsome boys!
4) She also loved Simon and Kristina’s Argentine Tango of all the other dances in Blackpool.
5) This week they’re dancing a Charleston this week and are bruised but looking forward to lifts.
A radiantly glowing Karen Hardy then came along to give her verdict on the weekend’s show. We learnt:
1) She loved Frankie.
2) She felt Jake and Simon were still and in control.
3) She loves Sunetra and felt she is glamorous and does the best voltas (it makes her sound like a chef more than someone competing in a dance show, we know!)
4) She loves Mark’s foot swivelling and commitment to dance.
5) She loved Pixie’s attack and found her captivating
6) She feels Steve needs light and shade.
7) She felt Caroline was undermarked and deserved more 10s (we agree!)
Sunetra and Brendan then joined Zoe on the glittery sofa. We learnt:
1) Sunetra knew she would be in the dance off.
2) She is praying to the god of ankle strength.
3) They’re dancing waltz this week.
4) They have their own language bababa bi bo ba ba ba (if you didn’t watch the show this will sound alien to you!)
It’s Friday and that means one thing! There are less than 24 hours until our next Strictly live show and Strictly Support Group. As Zoe pointed out, we definitely have a *hashtag excited face* ahead of tomorrow night’s show.
Tonight we had a sneak peak around Elstree, where we learnt that Mark is competing with Tim for the award of best headgear:
(pictures credit to @pashafan and @bbcstrictly.)
We still think that Tim wins this award in our eyes, but know there’s only one way to decide, with a poll. Just vote below for who you think wears a hat best:
We then saw Mark on Zoe’s sofa. We learnt:
1) He is feeling a lot better (phew!) and admitted he thought he really was Superman last weekend.
2) This week he and Karen are dancing the quickstep. We learnt he’s been singing along to the song all week long and is loving the dance.
3) We also learnt he’s wearing a white suit, so we have a feeling it’ll be all-white on the night!
Next into Zoe’s hub were Tim and Natalie. We learnt that:
1) Natalie was very supportive of her partner and was impressed with his characterisation in the Charleston last weekend.
2) Tim loves coordinating his outfits to glasses (nice bow tie and glasses combination.)
3) Tim is the perfect gentleman and bought Natalie a glitterball whilst filming Bargain Hunt. (aww!)
Sunetra and Brendan then stepped into Zoe’s hub. We learnt:
1) Brendan was slightly upset that Sunetra hadn’t bought him a present. We’re hoping our virtual cake gift, helped!
2) We learnt that Sunetra loved the American Smooth last weekend but is not friends with the Salsa yet! We’re pretty sure she’ll be fabulous.
We also saw Strictly CCTV and were shown 3 secret clips from training, involving Jay Z popping into Alison and Aljaz’s rehearsals, Joanne and Scott playing the longest ever game of Hide and Seek and Mark and Karen performing a “quickstep lift” and Karen screaming a lot!
It was then time for the Friday Panel with Vanessa Feltz, Stephen Mulhern and Kelly Hoppen.
1) They love Frankie, Pixie, Jake and Caroline and want Scott and Simon to do well.
2) They want Judy Murray to relax more and enjoy the dance as she looks nervous (we agree.)
3) They think that Tim may be in danger this week.
4) Stephen Mulhern has great hip action too. We predict a Strictly 2015 slot just for him!
That was this evening’s It Takes Two. We’d love to know whose dance you’re most looking forward to. Simply vote below to let us know:
We’d love to hear what you thought of tonight’s show. Just tweet us @scd_support or comment in the box below. We look forward to hearing from you.
We’ll be back tomorrow from 6.15pm for our Strictly Support Group and chat during the show. Hope you can join us then.
Last night, Brendan and Sunetra wowed us with a beautiful, glamorous and gorgeous American Smooth which looked like it was straight out of a Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movie.
In honour of the legend that is Brendan Cole, today we’re watching his beautiful American Smooth with Sophie Ellis Bextor from last year’s Semi-Final.
We loved this dance for several reasons:
1) Sophie’s dress was exquisite! We take our hats off to Vicky Gill and the fabulous Strictly Costume department. It oozed glamour and had so much detail.
2) Brendan’s choreography was soft, elegant and glamorous. The lifts were effective but understated and matched Sophie’s character perfectly.
3) Brendan’s slide down the rail. We loved this little touch, although don’t recommend trying it at home!
4) The dancing was beautiful. It was a dance we could watch over and over and over (and over.)
5) The music is one of our favourite ever songs and once again the Strictly band and singers did a fabulous job!
It’s clear to say we loved it and hope you will love watching it too. Here are Sophie and Brendan with their effortless, elegant and exquisite American Smooth:
We hope you enjoyed watching that dance and would love to hear what you thought. Tweet us @scd_support or comment below. We look forward to hearing from you.
This page may contain glitter, sequins and references to the magical world of strictly! It's our chance to relive some magical memories and cure those #scd blues